Saturday, August 25, 2012

"Plums and Asian Pears" fruit food art still life oil daily painting and color palette

6 x 6"
oil on canvas
Sold

More of the lovely plums, alongside the lovely but basically inedible Asian pears. Below you can see my work-in-progress, about halfway done:


 ...And here is the finished piece with the palette I used right alongside. If you click on the image, you can see it bigger. This my basic go-to set of colors. Sometime I add in some extras - like the Pthalos - to spice it up, but for most subjects, this is it. And yep, that's a disposable paper palette. My fave.

5 comments:

Barbara Pask said...

Beautiful job reproducing this Sarah.

LindaHunt said...

Beautiful painting!

kathleen said...

Thanks for the WIP. Beautiful painting filled with light.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Oh Boy -my heart stopped when I saw this gorgeous painting. Your colors are fabulous and your skill is amazing.

Sarah Sedwick Studio said...

Thanks, Barb, Linda, Kathleen, and Julie! I'm honored!