Monday, August 20, 2012

"Purple Bowl of Plums" fruit bowl still life kitchen wall art

8 x 8"
oil on canvas
Framed, $250

The approach of Autumn means it's plum season, and though I picked these fresh off the shelf at Costco, I'm looking forward to some serious U-pick action in the backyards of my kind friends. Hint hint! Don't make me sneak in there under cover of darkness....

I'm such a garden-stalker. Not sure how many more years I'm going to be able to get away with my line about having no deer fence, and therefore having to snag everyone else's yard bounty. At least I'm not one of those people who knock on complete strangers' doors and say, "Are you going to eat all that rhubarb I see growing in your garden?" (<---true story, that happened to my mom!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarah,
this painting is absolutely beautiful !!! the color and the composition. this one's got the elusive it factor ! wow !!!!!

sandra

Deltra Powney said...

Thanks Sarah for checking in on my blog. Its nice to know people are still stopping by. Your work is looking great! Keep it up!