Sunday, June 11, 2017

Propagation

 "Propagation"
10 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Before I became a full-time artist, I was a plant lady - watering plants in office buildings, mainly. That was a decade ago, but my personal plant collection, though it's constantly evolving (along with everything else in life), remains a thing. A pretty big thing. Sometimes people even give me plants! That's how I came by this one, which broke as I was moving it back and forth from my studio, and spawned this cutting... And this painting! 

Propagation.

Here's my underpainting, alongside the finished piece:

And the model: 
 
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Taryn Day said...

Beautiful painting, Sarah- simple and complex at the same time.

claudia said...

I saw this on Pinterest and had to check out the web site. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I adore this painting, Sarah. On a separate note, the other day I noticed you were offering to sign copies of your book. I got distracted and later couldn't remember where I'd seen that. How do I purchase your book and would you be willing to personalize for me? I hope you find this message. Thank you so much! Roxy Naydan