Saturday, December 16, 2017

Blue and Gold, a new Ornament Painting, with a Video!

 "Blue and Gold"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

The stages of this piece. Isn't it funny how GREEN the gold ornament looked before the rest of the painting got filled in? I admit it, green is my secret weapon for creating the illusion of gold. 

Here's a quick time-lapse video of the underpainting coming together - I love these things! No matter how long you let the camera run, the resulting video is always 30 seconds. So, I have absolutely no idea how long this part took. 😉


I get a LOT of questions about materials - what paint, brushes, etc I use. For this part, the underpainting shown in the video, I'm using a #2 round taklon brush by Connoisseur. The canvas is toned with a mixture of red, yellow, and blue - an orange dulled with its complement. And, as always, the brand is M. Graham. To provide a quick answer to questions about materials, I've compiled a list of products I use on Amazon - you can check that out here!

1 comment:

Painters orlando FL said...

Painters makes our home beautiful. Best painters provides innovative ideas to renovate our home beautifully. These paintings are so much in trend now a day’s such as canvas painting.